Moving is rough. It’s time consuming, expensive, and hard on your body. Who has time to pack up their lives into flimsy cardboard boxes and drive to a new residence, only to unpack everything and set it up in a different place? It’s no wonder moving companies cost so much: moving simply isn’t fun. Hopefully these tips will help make your move as painless as possible!
1. Plan ahead. Moving is frustrating because it requires time, energy, and logistics that cannot be thrown together in an hour. Do your homework by planning the specifics of your move as soon as you know where you’re going. This helps you space out your move so you’re not rushing to get everything done at the last minute.
2. Pack non-essentials first. One of moving’s major annoyances is packing. You need to neatly put your possessions into containers to prepare them for a trip. But if you’re planning all of this in advance, you can’t afford to pack your toiletries and work clothes two months before your move! Solution: find the items that you don’t use on a daily basis and pack those first. You’ll still be making progress towards your move without majorly inconveniencing your life.
3. Hire a moving company (if you can afford it). Different people have different income levels, so hiring a moving company may work for you if you don’t have the time (but you do have the money) for your move. You’ll still have to pack your things in advance, but you won’t have to do all the heavy lifting.
4. Get a big truck or van. If you have a friend who’s willing to lend it or drive it for you, that’s even better. U-Haul and other moving companies provide trucks for decent rates, and such a vehicle will greatly aid in your move. Make sure to either make the reservation or lock down your friend’s services well in advance!
5. Don’t bite off more than you can chew. Have you planned everything out, only to realize later on that you’ll need to make multiple trips from your old place to your new one? Will it cost you an extra $40? Don’t send your blood pressure through the roof trying to make everything fit perfectly to plan. Moving’s hard enough as it is, and your best bet is to let small stressors slide.
Finally, try to avoid moving as much as possible!
Texans in the Dallas-Fort Worth and Houston areas can now worry about one less thing when it comes to maintaining their home — especially with summer on the horizon! That’s because StarTex Power and Constellation Home are offering a 2-in-1 plan that bundles your AC protection with your StarTex Power electricity plan.